Wake up gently with the Rise herbal tea from the Balance your Day range by Shoti Maa! Accompanied by delicious coconut halwa, start your day off right with an Ayurvedic breakfast!
FOR 30 BITES
- 50g ghee (clarified butter)
- 300 g dessert semolina (medium size)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400ml water
- 100g of honey
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
1. Melt the ghee over low heat, add the semolina and brown for 2 minutes, stirring well.
2. Pour in the spices and coconut milk, then add the water gradually so that the semolina has time to thicken. Then add the honey and mix.
3. After 10 minutes, you will obtain a dough where the grains of semolina will no longer be apparent. When it comes off the sides of the pan, pour it into a dish, packing it down well.
4. Let it cool, cut the halwa into cubes, then roll them in the grated coconut.
Author of the recipe: Marie-Laure Tombini