To start the day off right and gently wake up your gut, "Rise" herbal tea from Shoti Maa's Balance your day range is ideal with apple porridge. This recipe is perfect for breakfast, to avoid the 11 a.m. "bust", but also for your sweet tooth: full of sweetness, it's pure indulgence, very healthy and nutritious. Throughout the day and your cravings for hot drinks, this apple porridge is quick and easy to make!
For 2 people:
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 5 mins
- 250 ml oat milk (or rice milk)
- 100 g small oat flakes (or buckwheat flakes for a gluten-free version)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Heat the milk with 200 ml of water in a small saucepan. Pour the flakes, add the maple syrup, cinnamon and mix. Leave to swell for 5 mins.
2. Meanwhile, cut the apples in half and remove the core. Cut one apple into cubes and the other into slices without removing the skin.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and brown the apple cubes. When they are tender, add them to the porridge and mix.
4. Fry the apple slices on both sides, until tender and lightly browned.
5. Divide the porridge between two individual bowls. Decorate with the fondant apple slices.
6. Serve with a Lemon, Apple & Ginger "Rise" tea.
Author of the recipe: Marie-Laure Tombini